The production manager is responsible for directing and managing all aspects within the plant.
1. Oversee and coordinate entire department to assure maximum productivity, quality and accuracy.
2. Oversee training and development of staff.
3. Work with office personnel to streamline computer system and paper handling system.
5. Emphasis in developing labor cost reduction system as well as maximizing efficiency.
6. Implementation of a product cost system from a production viewpoint.
7. Manage equipment needs.
8. Establish/monitor record keeping system.
9. Establish and work within budget.
10. Keep abreast of systems/technology to assure quality of shipped product as well as efficient customer service.
11. Assure supplies/equipment needed by staff is sufficient.
12. Coordinate activities with other departments.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration. The noise level in the work environment and job sites can be loud.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Required Education and Experience
Preferred Education and Experience