Boxing/Wrapping - Shipping
- Ashboro, NC
- Full Time
- Asheboro, NC - Operations
- Entry Level
Job summary: The shipping department is responsible for packaging, warehousing and final transportation of finished product. The Department works closely with other departments to ensure smooth operations. Packaging employees are responsible for boxing, taping, and wrapping furniture.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Place the correct size bag or box on all furniture received from the production lines.
- Ensure proper taping and placement of cardboard inserts to ensure pieces are protected and ready for shipment.
- Guarantee all pieces are labeled properly before sending to warehouse.
- Confirm all furniture accessories are in place before packaging.
- Responsible for taking all damages to inspection/repair department.
- Re-box/wrap all damaged or torn packaging.
- Maintain a clean work environment.
- Any additional work as directed by supervisor or lead
- Ability to read, write, count, and do basic math
- Ability to pay close attention to detail
- Must perform job with safety as a top priority
- Ability to show up to work on-time every day
- Must be able to work & walk in a warehouse environment (concrete floors, cold temperatures in winter and hot in summer); comfortable clothing and shoes recommended.
- Must be able to get along well with others, work on a team basis
- Shipping experience in a fast-paced environment highly preferred
Physical Demands: Must be able to move and lift objects over time without fatigue. Constant movement and use of limbs; this position requires good manual dexterity, coordination and stamina.
- Must be able to bend and lift products throughout shift
- Must be able to walk/stand for your entire shift (8 – 12 hours per day)
- Must be able to lift up/move to 50-75 lbs repetitively on a daily basis
- 401K with employer match
- Great Medical, Dental and Vision plans
- Paid Holidays
- Life Insurance options
- Employee Referral Bonus
Legal Disclaimer: Jackson Furniture is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. It is our practice to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals. All employment decisions and related entities will be made on merit, qualifications, and abilities. It is our policy and commitment to ensure equal opportunity is provided in all employment opportunities and practices, regardless of race, color, religion, age, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. Jackson Furniture is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities.