1st Shift - Manufacturing Associate
- Myrtle, MS
- Full Time
- Myrtle, MS - Operations
- Entry Level
Employees work either individually or as a team in manufacturing and distribution of sofas, love seats, and chairs.
Summary of essential job functions:
- Feed raw materials into production machinery
- Supply materials to other departments/team members
- Assemble furniture on production lines
- Use tools to assemble/manufacture furniture
- Monitor the production process
- Meet physical requirements of the position
- Be able to work with small air-powered tools
- Other duties to be performed as directed by supervisor(s)
Work Environment: Regularly works around a manufacturing environment and will experience conditions that include cold, or heat and humidity. Noise level may be loud at times.
Physical Demands: Must be able to move and lift objects over time without fatigue. Constant movement and use of limbs; this position requires good manual dexterity, coordination and stamina.
- Must be able to bend and lift parts throughout shift
- Must be able to stand for your entire shift (8 – 10 hours per day)
- Must be able to lift up to 60 lbs repetitively on a daily basis
- Previous fast paced manufacturing experience strongly preferred
- Ability to use power tools (such as staple guns) to assemble parts
- Must perform job with safety as top priority
- Ability to show up to work on-time, every day, and take direction from supervisor(s) in a fast-paced environment
- Dental and Vision
- Life, Short Term Disability, Critical Illness, and Accident Plans
- Employee Referral Bonus
- Family owned company for over 80+ years
Legal Disclaimer: Jackson Furniture is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. It is our practice to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals. All employment decisions and related entities will be made on merit, qualifications, and abilities. It is our policy and commitment to ensure equal opportunity is provided in all employment opportunities and practices, regardless of race, color, religion, age, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. Jackson Furniture is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities.