CNC Router Operator
- Asheboro, NC
- Full Time
- Asheboro, NC - Operations
Job summary: Router Operators work individually to produce wooden machined parts by programming, setting up, and operating a computer numerical control (CNC) machine. This position requires concentration, precision and attention to detail to meet and maintain high safety and quality standards.
Summary of essential job functions:
- Router Operators produce and sort specified cut wooden pieces for the assembly of furniture frames.
- Prepares, maintains and operates CNC machines to perform required task.
- Identifies specific order needed and desired result by following schedule.
- Translates scheduled order to computer command and correctly enters program into PC.
- Verifies the program is correctly entered.
- Prepares and loads OSB and plywood into CNC and performs a “test run” to check if the machine produces pieces according to the specifications.
- Sets machine to produce full order and supervises the correct execution while making adjustments, as necessary, to produce the best result possible.
- Inspects and measures finished wooden pieces to determined quality and correct measurements.
- Carefully and accurately sorts the different parts and readies them for the next phase in production.
- Takes the initiative to check and maintain machinery daily to ensure functionality.
- Measuring and math skills
- Utilize power tools to work on equipment and ability to change bits as required.
- Ability to enter program into PC and verify information.
- Accurately separate cut parts according to type.
- This position is for 2nd shift, so must be able to work PM hours.
- Must be able to work overtime as directed including 5-6 days a week.
- Previous CNC experience highly preferred
- Must perform job with safety as top priority
- Ability to show up to work on-time, every day, and take direction from supervisor(s) in a fast-paced environment
Work Environment: Regularly works around a manufacturing environment and will experience conditions that include cold, or heat and humidity. Noise level may be loud at times.
Physical Demands: Must be able to move and lift objects over time without fatigue. Constant movement and use of limbs; this position requires good manual dexterity, coordination and stamina.
- Must be able to bend and lift parts throughout shift
- Must be able to stand on feet and/or walk for entire shift (8 to 10 hours per day).
- Must be able to push, pull, balance, lift, and load in excess of 70 pounds constantly to move objects daily.
- Dental and Vision
- Life, Short Term Disability, Critical Illness, and Accident Plans
- Employee Referral Bonus
- Family owned company for over 80+ years
Legal Disclaimer: Jackson Furniture is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. It is our practice to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals. All employment decisions and related entities will be made on merit, qualifications, and abilities. It is our policy and commitment to ensure equal opportunity is provided in all employment opportunities and practices, regardless of race, color, religion, age, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. Jackson Furniture is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities.